May 7, 2008

I Just Spent $336 to Kill Dandelions

Not a bad price, I think ... especially if you've seen my yard lately. I'll get fertilizer and other weed killing agents, too. So I figure 336 bucks is a pretty good value.

Now...

How much more valuable are the suffering bodies and souls of the, perhaps, hundreds of thousands of Myanmarese who are without food, water, and shelter ... and many without a Savior, too. I know what I need to do. What about you?

Give to Samaritan's Purse here (earmarked for "MYANMAR"). Almost everyone of you is going to have some free cash laying around in the days ahead, thanks to the generous US government. Please use it wisely! Perhaps God intended these little kick backs not as 'economic stimulus' but 'missionary and compassion stimulus.'

The doors are finally being opened to relief workers ... and they need our support sooner rather than later. So give! And read this insightful article by John Piper on what else we should be doing in response to such a tragedy.

No comments: