November 5, 2008

Wise Words

I think this is my last post on political topics. Despite the content of this blog for the last couple of months, I am really not all that in to politics. I hope it is less that I am disinterested and more that I really believe what I said here. I've been writing largely because of a question that was posed to me in one of our quarterly Q and A sessions at church. But I think I have said my fill, the election has been decided, and it is time for us to:

1. Pray for our rulers (1 Timothy 2.1-2)
2. Submit to governing authorities ... rather than complaining about them (Romans 13)
3. Thank God for the racial progress that He has provided in this country

I've already posted a prayer below. I hope it is faithful. And Barry reminds me (re: #2) that I need to do a better job of "having a smile on [my] face and a song in [my] heart." Thanks BJ!

1 comment:

B.J. Maxwell said...

Just sweeping up the crumbs that fell off your table, my brother.