June 3, 2008

'Theology 101': A New Message Series

For those who are local, and those who follow along online, just a heads up on a new series we will be beginning June 15: Theology 101. The goal is to walk through a 6 month study of all the major doctrines of the Bible - Who is God? What is He like? What about man? How does sin really affect us? How does salvation work - election, atonement, faith, justification, adoption, sanctification, glorification, etc.? What is the church? How does it function? And so on.

Really, we are going to try to replicate what a seminary Systematic Theology course ought to look like - with the passion and application of preaching!


I think I will recommend Wayne Grudem's Christian Beliefs, a slimmed down version of his Bible Doctrine, which is a slimmed down version of his Systematic Theology, to my congregation.

Please be in prayer for me as I pray and preach.


No comments: