July 8, 2008

College Missionary Dies in Peru

Gregory Gomez, who recently graduated from Ole Miss (where Tobey and I graduated), and who attended North Oxford Baptist Church (my childhood and college home church) was sent out this summer as a Baptist Student Union summer missionary (something numerous of our college friends were) to Peru.

He was killed Saturday in a tragic bus accident.

I do not know Gregory or his family. But the places where he has walked have been much the same as where my feet have trod. Why him and not me? It makes me think ... and remember that life is brief. And yours or mine could be over sooner than we think. What a gift it would be to die serving the King!

Make sure it happens to you ... whether sooner or later. And make sure you pray for Gregory Gomez's family and friends.

No comments: